On Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. ET, Fox Rothschild partner Matthew D. Lee will present a webinar entitled “Federal Tax Enforcement in the Age of COVID-19.” The COVID-19 pandemic and the President’s declaration of a national emergency has upended the Internal Revenue Service’s enforcement agenda in a dramatic way, both in the short term and for the feasible future. This webinar will address the following topics:
- Current status of IRS operations
- Extensions of tax filing and payment deadlines
- IRS “People First Initiative” and its implications for tax enforcement in the short-term
- Status of pending audits, appeals and U.S. Tax Court proceedings
- Modifications to enforced collection activities and opportunities for taxpayers who owe back taxes
- Status of criminal tax investigations in the COVID-19 environment
- Anticipated priorities of Criminal Investigation Division post-COVID-19
To register for the webinar, please click here.
Please check out Fox Rothschild’s coronavirus resource page, which is available here.
For more up-to-date coverage from Tax Controversy and Financial Crimes Report, please subscribe by clicking here.